At its heart uforia studios is a fitness community. uforia Founder Sarah Lux moved to the Bay Area from Canada in September 2006. The first thing Sarah found missing from her new home was a place that offered genuinely fun, non-intimidating fitness classes in a community that fostered relationships between classmates and their teachers.
As a triathlete who competed on the national level, Sarah missed the feeling of working out with friends, learning from coaches, and sweating in a community of togetherness and fun. Believing that group fitness could replicate the feeling of being part of something bigger than yourself, Sarah began to dream up fitness classes that recreated the vibe, energy, and euphoric feeling you get when you’re on a team.
After years of developing and testing the concept, Sarah opened the doors to the first uforia studios in Palo Alto in a renovated historic one-room church on February 1, 2011. Seeing that she had created something truly special, Sarah knew uforia was destined to grow. uforia quickly became Palo Alto’s favorite fitness experience. uforia opened a second location in San Francisco’s Nob Hill Neighborhood in March 2015 and in Mission in December 2019 #uforia.
One crew on a mission to sweat, connect, and feel the beat!
uforia Core Values
- Music Moves – we believe music has the power to move
- Embrace the Sweat – we believe workouts should be sweaty, empowering, high energy and insanely fun!
- Teamwork Makes the Dream Work – we believe it takes a team to deliver an awesome uforia experience
- Love the Hustle – we believe positivity, hard work and continuing education lead to amazing results
- Create a Safe Space – we believe in creating a transparent, inclusive space for all of our crew and clients by acknowledging and embracing our differences